Innovate. Educate. Advance.
The alignment of building policies from the global to local government level has created an unprecedented momentum towards high performance buildings in Canada. Passive House Canada is working to advance high performance construction, and events such as the Passive House Canada Conference are an integral part of the process.
We invite you to submit a speaker proposal, which will be considered for presentation at the 2019 Passive House Conference in Toronto:
Deadline for submissions: Monday April 15th, 5:00pm Pacific
While this conference gives focus to all ideas, challenges & solutions and applications of the Passive House Standard, priority will be given to the subjects identified to be of high interest which include:
- Case Studies – Part 3 Buildings
- Case Studies – Part 9 Buildings
- Market transformation – Policy, Incentives and Client Engagement
- Commissioning + Post Occupancy
- Passive House Tips + Tricks (ex. modelling PHPP, BIM, etc)
- Climate adaptability and Carbon neutrality
a. Envelope (Detailing, Airtightness, Thermal Bridging)
b. MEP (PER, DHW, Ventilation)
We aim to deliver engaging and interactive learning. Preference will be given to proposals that promote audience participation and the delivery style should fit within one of the following options:
- Panel Discussion with Audience Participation
- Peer-to-Peer Discussion
- Lecture with moderated Q&A
- Hands-on Participation
All proposals will be reviewed by the members of the program committee and will be scored based on their ability to meet the above criteria.
The program committee will be reviewing all submissions and proposals will be evaluated based on:
- Clarity of the submission
- Relevance to the theme and subject area
- Clear outline of the learning objectives
Speaker proposals should be submitted directly through the submission form below. You will be asked to include:
- Title of the session
- Executive summary 100 words or less
- Highlight the type of presentation proposed (lecture, panel, peer-to-peer, etc)
- Provide 3 Learning Objectives
- Select theme category (from selected list)
- Identify Target Audience (check box)
- Description: Brief itinerary of the session, content to cover
- Highlight previous speaking experience
- Contact: Include affiliation and email address of all presenters and if applicable, include a moderator
By submitting this proposal, all submitters and potential speakers agree to:
- Ensure that all presentations are from an education perspective and that product specific content or self-promotion will not be included in presentations.
- The actual time allotted for a presentation will be confirmed during the acceptance process.
- If selected, seminar speakers agree to register for the Passive House Conference at a reduced speaker rate.
- Presentation slides will be collected and made available to participants post conference.
- Session submitters may not propose speakers without the knowledge and permission of the proposed speaker(s).
We recommend that you save your work in a separate document, prior to entering it in the form below. If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact Gaby Dominguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.